Vitamins are absolutely crucial for a healthy pregnancy: before, throughout, and after. Expectant parents want healthy babies and to more easily navigate pregnancy’s many ups and downs. Problem is, standard prenatal vitamins don’t come on the subject of meeting the needs of all women. Nutritional (orthomolecular) physicians have known this for decades. Many women would have the benefit of an abundance of nutrients throughout pregnancy and the
advantages are clear: healthy babies and happy moms.
Helen Saul Case has lifelong experience with nutritional medicine, having been born and raised with it her entire life. Still, she found pregnancy challenging, with new aches, pains, and amazing symptoms “I couldn’t have dreamed up if I tried.” It became all too clear that the best way to best use high doses of vitamins to safely and effectively address health issues used to be conspicuously absent from the scores of pregnancy health books available in the market. It’s time for a change!
Vitamins & Pregnancy: The Real Story is a comprehensive, yet easily readable nutritional guide to optimal health―for both you and your baby that tackles the topics other pregnancy books don’t, including:
• ?The many ways nutrition helps to verify your baby’s best development in utero―with lifelong benefits for mother and child
• ?How vitamin C helps prevent birth defects, postpartum hemorrhages, and even stretch marks; vitamin E helps prevent miscarriage; magnesium helps cramping legs and sore, aching backs; and extra vitamin B6 alleviates morning sickness―with out a prescription!
• Optimal vitamin and mineral intakes throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding
• What the research says about efficacy and safety
• ?Nutrition-based advice to lend a hand alleviate more than 35 pregnancy issues, from acid reflux and yeast infections, to postpartum challenges―including depression and losing weight